My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.foxnewsradio.com/category/blogs/spencer-hughes-blogs/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

You're Welcome

Whatever happened to people saying "you're welcome"? Do YOU hear it that much anymore? I sure don't.

The cool catch phrase that is as ubiquitous as clueless drivers is "no problem". Everybody says it. Not just the young, hip kids either.

I don't know exactly when everything became a non-problem, but I don't like it. Why should that be the response when I thank a store employee who points me in the direction of drill bits? Why WOULD it be a "problem" that I am asking them for directions?

"I appreciate your help!" No problem!

"May I have more ice tea, please?" No problem!

How about a polite "you're welcome" instead?

Short blog. Big pet peeve.

I feel better now.

Not that there's a problem or anything.