My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.foxnewsradio.com/category/blogs/spencer-hughes-blogs/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thanks a Latte

I have a confession to make.

I like McDonald's iced coffee. Hazelnut is my favorite, now that my soul is on my sleeve.

Why should I feel ashamed? The first time I ordered it I felt like a teenager trying to sneak a dirty magazine past the cashier.

"Excuse me? I couldn't hear that!" the voice from the drive-thru box boomed at me.

"I said I would like an iced hazelnut coffee, please."

I am glad I finally mustered the guts to order it because it ROCKS. Just because it doesn't cost $14 doesn't mean it isn't any good.

It's nice to be able to order the biggest size they make (it's called a "large", thank you) and not have to put a second mortgage out on the house.

Will McDonald's be the next cool place to prop up your laptop and look important for hours on end? Probably not.

But the Golden Arches are trying to draw people away from the caffeine competition with the fancy names for SERVERS.

Try one next time you are itching for an iced coffee, even if it is a freezing cold winter.

And yes, I'll take fries with that, thank you.